Wednesday 15 January 2014

T Day plus 4 (14th January)



John wrote:

This morning is the first time I have actually been sick. Up to I have now only been feeling nauseous. Even the small pills I was given as drugs wouldn’t stay down. So at 2pm I am put on a saline drip which will last for 8 hours to stop the sickness and also keep me hydrated. I am now able to cope with my afternoon pills.
Later in the evening,they add the cyclosporine – so you might say I am double dripped.
The consultant, on his rounds is not concerned about the sickness.
 “Quite normal, just last week’s chemo, it still has a kick in it “

I am really touched by the cards and good wishes that have been sent. Although I can receive Text’s and E-mails., nothing seems to be getting out when I try to send it. Do please keep them coming.
And by the way, you should be thanking Sue for being my amanuensis on the blog.

My double identity is now presenting a challenge for some people -  I am usually called Anthony here – A.J.Dilworth. I always considered it too insignificant to make a fuss about.
The card addressed to John Dilworth, Ward 19 reached me safe and sound – result happiness.

1 comment:

  1. John aka Anthony,
    It must be strangely comforting, if unnerving, when you suffer adverse reactions and are told "Don't worry ,it's to be expected , and quite normal ."
    We, your avid readers, still feel a bit unsettled however...
    Before you know it the hospital staff will be giving you a " Keep calm ,and carry on " T-shirt . The photos continue to provide us with an insight into life inside your current bubble , well done Sue .
    I think we have all committed to memory the milestones in your journey, we look forward to welcoming you back to that oasis of calm at Temple Balsall.

    ReplyDelete