Sunday 5 January 2014

Day 2 (continued)


Day 2 (4th January continued) – Chemo plus 1 Day
John wrote:
This morning a chap was admitted to ward at 5:30.  Talking to him , I discovered he was a leukemia regular who measured his temperature at 38.1 at 22:00 last night. He phoned the “red card” number and was told to come straight into the assessment  unit – no messing with A&E. He spent all night having tests. And he had no regrets about panicking and being called straight into hospital “The only really ill people I have seen here are those who left their infections too long.”
So MEMO FOR THE FUTURE – this will be my life at least once or twice this year – never delay phoning.
Decided to treat myself to a cooked breakfast - perhaps unwise considering the lack of exercise I am getting at present.

Thankfully still not feeling ill from the chemo. So my next challenge – a shower with the Hickman Line
– you’re attached - you have to take it with you when you go.

Sue wrote:
You may have guessed by now that I pick up John’s notes every day, when I visit and empty them into this blog .
  A bit like cleaning up after him at home really


No comments:

Post a Comment